Hebrews: Greater Than… Part 5 Where can we go? Hebrews 4:14-5:10; 6:19-8:1 May 26, 2019
I. High Priest 101 Hebrews 5:1-4
A. A Representative between God and Man Hebrews 5:1-3, Numbers 18
B. Called by God Hebrews 5:4
C. A Particular Set of Skills Hebrews 5:4
II. In the order of Melchiza-who? Hebrews 5:5-10, 7:1-10, Psalm 110:4, Genesis 14:18-20
A. Like the Son of God Hebrews 7:2-3
B. Greater than LeviHebrews 7:4-10
III. A Change in the PriesthoodHebrews 7:11-8:1
A. The Weakness of the LawHebrews 7:11-12, 18-19, 23
B. An Unchanging Solution Hebrews 7:15-17, 20-25
IV. Enter Uninhibited Hebrews 4:14-16, 7:26-8:1
A. We have a Problem Hebrews 4:13, 7:26-27
B. We have a High Priest Hebrews 4:14-15,7:28-8:1
C. We can have Confidence Hebrews 4:16, Romans 8:34
Questions for Further Reflection:
1. Kid’s Question: What is a priest?
2. We all have different religious backgrounds and experiences. How do you react to the language about priests in this passage?
3. How do you feel about the Biblical claim that we are broken and in need of saving?
4. What is your relationship with the Law? Is it something you try to keep? Why or why not?
5. What do you understand the author of Hebrews to mean by calling the Law weak?
6. Are you able to come before Jesus boldly? Why or why not?
7. What shadows do you rely on to affirm your place in creation?